Infrastructure Systems Engineer
Birmingham and on-site
Full time, Permanent
We’re looking for a third line Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join our growing team and help us to provide exceptional ongoing support to our wide range of clients.
The technology we implement often underpins how our clients operate on a day-to-day basis so as well as being a trusted technical contact and advisor for clients, you’ll need to be mindful of the wider organisational issues and business impact of technology change, factoring this in to detailed planning, migration activity and risk mitigation.
We’re looking for a self-starter with a hands-on, deeply technical background (extensive demonstrable third line and systems administration experience required) who now wants to take the next step in their career, getting out and about, and sharing their experience with the rest of the Service team, our clients and end users.
We expect you will spend much of your time…
- Carrying out infrastructure design and implementation, taking into consideration today’s converged network and security requirements
- Supporting smart building systems and deploying new services within them
- Working with third parties and other internal teams to design, install and manage connections to our partners
- Performing complex technical delivery under pressure whilst keeping a clear head and eye on the wider scope of work
- Managing client migrations as they deploy to new technical capabilities
- Helping to skill up the rest of the team by sharing your knowledge and approach
- Defining and documenting processes for the Service team to follow
You should apply if…
- You have an intimate knowledge of Infrastructure and/or Network Technologies including (but not limited to): Linux, Windows, Hyper-V, VMWare, MS Applications
- You also have experience, knowledge of or an interest in any of the following: Office 365; Skype for Business; Unified Comms; Video Conferencing, Audio-Visual control systems including AMX/Crestron
- You want the opportunity to work with (and play with!) the very latest technology
- You’re not afraid to try out new things, make mistakes and learn by doing. If thrown into the deep end, you swim every time (even if it is only doggy-paddle!)
- You want to work with people who love what they do, every day and be part of a team who are continually sharing ideas with each other and learning
- You want to have the chance to impact the company’s growth and evolution
- You’re excited by what we do and you want to help design and support some of the smartest buildings in the world!
This role involves…
This will be a mix of office-based work from our base in central Birmingham, and site visits to our clients in the UK and Western Europe.
There will be on-call required for certain clients out of hours. The rota hasn’t been set in stone, and this is something we would discuss with you and the rest of the team first, to make sure it works for you and our clients.
Our hiring process
The interview process will consist of an initial introductory telephone screen getting to know you a little more and sharing more detail about the role. There will then be 2x face-to-face interviews which we try and do in one day, but where diaries prove a little tough to match up, may have to spread out over different dates. Please advise us at the beginning on as much of your availability and preferences as possible.
All career development plans are tailored to every individual. We don’t believe in the career ‘ladder’ – we believe personal and professional development is complex and on-going, so we will continually look to support you in both your learning and which roles and responsibilities you’d like to take on.