Head of Finance
Full time/part-time; permanent
We are looking for an intelligent, passionate and caring Finance ‘person’ (we don’t place emphasis on titles and hope you don’t either) to help Vanti scale and grow in line with our client and industry demands.
You will be at the very centre of our business. working directly with the Leadership and Central Services team to oversee and provide effective strategic advice and hands-on financial support to the whole business. We’re looking for a keen self-starter with a hands-on approach and an eagle-eye for detail. You will be accountable for everything within our Finance function, from stratategy, management and financial accounting to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and regulatory returns. You’ll have full responsibility for overall financial forecasting, reporting and analysis, ensuring our internal Project and Service delivery teams operate within their budgets.
It will be vital that you have the passion, care and drive to help Vanti grow and develop in the long term, and, as such, you will be given scope to make this function your own.
We expect you’ll spend much of your time:
- Managing the day to day activities of our Finance team, collaborating with others across the business
- Improving our processes, management information and forecasting capabilities
- Maintaining our great track record in keeping debtor and creditor days as close to where they should be as possible
- Work alongside our Projects and Service teams to manage client budgets, ensuring all remain profitable
- Communicating with the Leadership team via weekly and monthly meetings to shine a light on gaps, risks and opportunities
- Developing financial models that will make everyone’s lives easier and help support our sustainable growth
- Using and interpreting data from our finance system as well as working with business improvement to embed relevant data across the business
- Within 6 months, managing our outsourced accounting partners, and deciding on the best operating models going forwards
- Challenging the Leadership team to make better business decisions based on financial data
- Within 6-9 months, commence establishing a strategy that will work for us moving forwards as we look to scale
- As we approach investment, getting involved in the process to make sure we’re ‘investment and due diligence ready’
- Being hands-on where necessary – processing and reconciling internal and external payments if needed
You should apply if:
- You LOVE finance and even more than that, helping others to love and understand it too
- You’ve experienced, or feel comfortable working with a manager-owned businesses and/or high growth SMEs (ideally within the technology or construction sectors, but that’s not a necessity)
- You have experience operating finance around projects and service agreements
- You love helping businesses to grow and shape strategic decisions, but you’ll happily roll your sleeves up to ‘get the job done’ – including necessary but mundane tasks
- You don’t need a clear set of frameworks, rules, goals and guidelines to be successful – you’re happy to work in a developing culture and business and take ownership of developing processes yourself
- You’re awesome at turning a strategy into actionable items, and taking the initiative to carry these out
- You want to have the chance to impact the company’s growth and evolution
- If what we do sounds exciting!
You will report in to our COO and will be part of our Central Services Team, who are dedicated to providing a world-class service to the whole of Team Vanti. On a daily basis you will work closely with our CEO, Office Manager, Project Managers, Service Lead and Leadership Team.
We’re looking for someone with great transferable skills that will grow and change as Vanti develops and continues to provide ultimate client experiences in the built environment using cool technology.
The interview process will consist of an initial introductory telephone screen getting to know you a little more and sharing more detail about the role. There will then be two face-to-face interviews which we try and do in one day, but where diaries prove a little tough to match up, may have to spread out over different dates. Please advise us at the beginning on as much of your availability and preferences as possible.
All career development plans are tailored to every individual. We don’t believe in the career ‘ladder’ – we believe personal and professional development is complex and on-going, so we will continually look to support you in both your learning and which roles and responsibilities you’d like to take on as you grow and as Vanti grows too.