AV Support Engineer
Full time/part-time; permanent
It’s an exciting time here at Vanti. So, we’re on the lookout for an AV Support Engineer who will join the team on a permanent basis! If you’re a problem solver, with experience in AV, as well as someone who wants to work in an environment full of passionate individuals, then this is the position for you.
Our Engineering Team are the heart and soul of every Vanti project. They construct highly complex and intricate technology solutions focusing primarily on integrating control systems, audio and video hardware, as well as building services such as lighting and HVAC systems. They oversee the technical delivery of projects from end to end, ensuring that designs are translated correctly into fully working solutions, and that systems are properly documented and handed over to our Service Team.
As an AV Support Engineer you will be part of the Service Desk Team resolving technical issues from our Birmingham HQ base, remotely and on client site. You will be the first point of contact for any AV related issues from both our internal team (Team Vanti) as well as all of our external clients throughout the UK. Our real-time business critical systems need 24/7 monitoring and support, so you will be helping us to look after these too. Your main duties will be logging, prioritising, and solving support requests and live incident tickets, as well as onsite support, set up and monitoring.
We expect you’ll spend much of your time:
- Troubleshooting and resolving client AV issues and queries.
- Performing daily remote system checks to ensure equipment and room functionality across multiple sites.
- Working closely with internal teams and external clients to provide support for AV systems and hardware.
- Troubleshooting and resolving front line issues and queries both remotely and onsite.
- Performing quality assurance checks on installations and identifying any issues that need resolving.
- Conducting routine testing and problem diagnosis.
What your responsibilities will look like:
- Supporting a wide variety of AV software and hardware.
- Ensuring all AV support tickets are raised, logged, and documented within the Service Team’s helpdesk system.
- Providing AV firmware/software upgrades as required.
- Assisting in the commissioning of AV systems.
- Providing onsite technical support when required.
- Terminating and connecting AV cabling both on and offsite.
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults to ensure that all systems are fully functional, and that equipment and system down time are kept to a minimum.
- Configurating a wide range of video conferencing and integrated audio and video equipment.
- Troubleshooting AV Equipment on client sites.
- Assisting with software upgrades.
The person we’re looking for should:
- Have had exposure to AV Systems such as Crestron, Cisco, AMX etc.
- Want the opportunity to work with (and play with) the very latest technology!
- Be willing to try new things, make mistakes, and learn by doing. If you get thrown into the deep end, you should swim every time, even it’s only doggy-paddle!
- Want to work with people who love what they do, every day and be part of a team who are continually sharing ideas with each other and learning.
- Want to have the chance to impact the company’s growth and evolution.
- Find what we do exciting!
- The interview process will consist of an initial introductory telephone screen which is to get to know you a little more as well as share some more detail about the role. There will then be 2x face-to-face interviews which we try and do in one day, but where diaries prove a little tough to match up, we may have to spread out over different dates. Please advise us at the beginning on as much of your availability and preferences as possible.
- All career development plans are tailored to every individual. We don’t believe in the career ‘ladder’, we believe personal and professional development is complex and ongoing, so we will continually look to support you in both your learning and which roles and responsibilities you’d like to take on.
If this sounds like something you want to know more about, please email Danniie, our Talent Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll be happy to answer any queries or questions you may have.