NEW ROLE! We’re looking for a talented Project Coordinator to join our team
Vanti Project Coordinators take ownership for projects from start to finish and are responsible for cost control, profitability and making sure we keep to the plan. More importantly than that, you will be key to ensuring both our clients and internal teams enjoy a quality Vanti Experience. One that is organised, proactive and communicative. Project Coordinators are the people who make things happen and remove road blocks for our Engineers and Service Team so they can complete the job they’re supposed to. Ultimately, ensuring a great working environment and happy engineers, suitable for the project in hand.
(Midlands based with some UK Travel)
Results we expect?
- Small mid-sized projects delivered on time and to budget
- Teams well prepared and equipped to go to site with correct materials and pre-built equipment
- Tracked costs – time and materials
- Project documentation including project plans, equipment schedules up-to-date
- Happy clients who love working with Vanti
- Happy Vanti team who have enjoyed the smooth completion of projects
- Promotion of the Vanti brand and values on client sites
- Positive and constructive client and team feedback shared with the Vanti Leadership team
- Projects will be wrapped up neatly and completely including returns and restocking
What will you be really great at?
- Common sense – sounds like a simple one, but its key to the success of the role! Can you make good decisions that benefit the client, the team and the Vanti business as a whole?
- Self-motivated, on-the-job learner (not afraid to be thrown in at the deep end at times!)
- When thrown in at the deep end, you’re quick to learn and pick up new principles, tools and methods
- You will be incredibly organised – demonstrating the ability to prioritise your personal workload and the resources required to complete projects
- Fantastic communication skills – both with fellow team members and clients when things are going well and when things don’t go to plan and need adult conversations!
- High level of diplomacy and trust
- You value team over personal success
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure when required
- Self-starter who is not afraid to ask for help, whilst remembering that we need to manage client expectations at every stage of a project
- Highly detail focused, capable of logically approaching situations and adapting to situations onsite as they arise
- Experience in previous project coordination / management role would be beneficial. Alternatively exposure or experience in similar roles or on project teams where you’ve had to demonstrate the above behavioural competencies to a high level
- Excellent written skills – previous experience in project documentation, proposal, quote and bid writing would be beneficial
- Experienced in multi-tasking and prioritising workload and resources
- Experience in a client facing role – managing expectations of key clients and other stakeholders
- Experience in being able to break bad news to high profile project stakeholders when things (occasionally) don’t go to plan
- Drive to achieve overall project objectives, escalating information and issues as required
- Ideally some knowledge and experience in the world of IT, audio-visual and/or other Smart technologies
- Shared Vanti Values – see Vanti Life
- Full UK Driving License and a love of public transport
- A longing to be based in Birmingham but unfazed by visiting clients across the country (must already be a UK resident) – your personal situation allows willingness to work away from home as required. You may be expected to be away from home/Birmingham on average 20% of the time / 1 day & night a week – this could be more or less, but is subject to project length and location, therefore requires someone who is flexible on this.
What’s in it for you?
Vanti is an award winning business with big plans for growth and expansion. This will only become a reality if we continue to hire, develop and retain the very best talent in the industry, which is why we invest a huge amount of time into looking after our teams, teaching them the very latest technology, tools and methods and giving them a flexible career development plan that allows each individual to progress at their own pace.
Not only will you be working alongside some of the best people in the industry, but you will also get:
- Vanti Company Benefits (Bonus, Pension etc.)
- Tools provided (if required)
- Travel paid depending on location
- Tailored individual progression and development plan
- The chance to have an impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- The opportunity to work on ‘world first’ projects
- Work with people who love what they do every day
If you think you’ve got what it takes, even if you don’t have ALL of the skills listed (but you’re a fast learner and with the right support, know you could get up to speed quickly!) then send us a covering letter explaining why, including your salary expectations and your latest CV to email@example.com (we also accept video and other more creative submissions- send a link to the same address).
Agencies / recruiters – we know you’d love to help so we’ll get in touch with you if we need your services. Thanks for understanding.
Look forward to hearing from you,